Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Track Weapon

My track day weapon is a 2004 YZF R1. This is the motorcycle I use for my track days. It is an impressive machine that I have still not mastered. I have owned it for about five years now and still have much to learn.


My motorcycle has some tasteful modifications when compared to a street version. It has been striped down to the bear basics. The headlights, radiator fans, ex-up, catalytic converter, and stock mufflers have all been removed reducing its weight considerably. The additions include a Power Commander, steel braided brake lines, a full Hindle exhaust system, fully adjustable rear sets, Woodcraft engine covers, sliders, race fairings, Ohlins steering dampener, and my newest addition the Ohlins rear shock that I have yet to install.


I always look forward to my next track day with this machine, there is always some tweaking to do to make it faster and more manoeuvrable.

No comments:

Post a Comment